PADI Discover Scuba Diving Class (Resort Course) - 1/2 day - US$129.00 per person
Live the experience of a lifetime: discover the wonders of the coral reef under the guidance of a fully certified scuba Instructor. Try Scuba Diving in the Cayman Islands without the hassle of getting a dive certification. Ocean Frontiers Dive Shop is an Authorized PADI 5 Star Dive Center located on the East End of Grand Cayman. All of our Dive Instructors are Certified by PADI and teach to strict PADI Worldwide safety standards and procedures.
- 1/2 Day experience for first time novice divers
- All training completed in a dedicated diver training pool
- Maximum 4 students to 1 instructor
- Dive from a boat for your first open water dive in the ocean
- Dive with other beginners, just like you, on our dive vessel just for new new divers
- Use high end Scubapro dive equipment
- Explore a coral reef on scuba, under the expert supervision of your dive instructor
- Receive a certificate of completion and Discover Scuba Diving PADI log booklet
If you can swim, enjoy life and are at least 10 years old, you are just one step away from enjoying our underwater paradise in the Cayman Islands.
Going on a PADI Discover Scuba 'Resort Course' dive is a great way to find out if you like Scuba Diving and for most people it opens their eyes to amazing underwater world! Diving in the Cayman Islands is super easy to do and only requires the ability to swim (and of course passing the medical exam!).
On our website on the downloads page, there is a scuba diver medical form. If you answer yes to any of the questions you will need a signed note from a doctor in order to go on the scuba dive. If all is well then you are in for a new diving adventure!
Resort Course requirements:
- Minimum Age 10 years old (Parent/Guardian approval required if under 18)
- Must be able to swim in water too deep to stand up in
- Complete a Medical Statement and Questionnaire
The PADI Discover Scuba 'Resort Course' consists of a short training video, an introduction by your dive instructor, a true or false quiz and off you go to our diver training pool to practice a few scuba skills. You and the dive instructor will work with you on your scuba equipment so you are comfortable and before you know it, you are breathing underwater! Once that is accomplished, you will go to a shallow dive site and swim among the fish and see our beautiful coral reefs. The scuba dive lasts about 30 to 40 minutes depending on your breathing rate.
PADI Resort Course Schedule: 1/2 Day Experience, available any afternoon, everyday of the year. The 'Resort Course' can be completed in approximately 3-4 hours and includes a 1 tank boat dive to a coral reef. Maximum ratio is 1 PADI Instructor to 4 Students.
- All pool instruction and instructor supervision for open water dive in the ocean
- All equipment, mask, fins, wetsuit, BCD, regulator with gauges and computer, lead and 1 tank of air
- Boat trip to and from the dive site
- Open water dive in the ocean on a coral reef in the Cayman Islands
- Certificate of completion and Discover Scuba Diving PADI log booklet
Cost: The standard cost of the PADI Discover Scuba 'Resort Course' is US$149.00 per person.
Book on line for our web special rate of US$129.00 per diver or US$99 each for groups of 3 or more:
Note: The Term 'Resort Course' and 'Discover Scuba Diving Course' mean exactly the same thing and are just 2 different names used in the dive industry and both are used interchangably. PADI is a worldwide scuba diving training agency that is responsible for setting industry standards for diver training. PADI is an acronym for Professional Association of Dive Instructors.
Repeat Resort Scuba Dives
Once you complete the PADI Resort Course and see what you've been missing, you can come back day after day for more diving fun. Or go all the way and join a PADI Open Water Certification course and look forward to a lifetime of underwater adventure!
Repeat Resort Dives do not require you to repeat the classroom or pool training session, but do require you to be directly supervised by a Dive Instructor or Divemaster while Scuba Diving to a maximum depth of 40 feet.
Didn't find what you are looking for? Want to speak to a real person? Have questions on our dive packages?
Please contact us by email or phone:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-800-348-6096
US Tel (Vonage): 1-954-727-5312 (forwards to Cayman Office on Site)
Cayman Islands Reservations Phone: (345)-947-0000
Our Reservations Office is located on site at the Dive Shop & Resort in the Cayman Islands.
Reservations Office is Open Monday-Friday | 8:30am-5:30pm Cayman Islands Time.
Dive Shop and Frontdesk is open 7 days per week | 7am to 6pm and can be reached directly on (345)-640-7500